Kiskjad

See foorum on mõeldud Filmiveeb.ee filmide kommenteerimiseks.

Moderaator: Meeskond

PostitusPostitas Trash » 01. November 2010, 21:27

Spellbound kirjutas:
Spoiler :
Huvitav, kas Fishburne`i poolt maha lastud tulnukas oli samuti osa mängust selles mõttes, et visati planeedile samamoodi nagu inimesed? Kui jah, siis teine osa võiks olla läbi nende tulnukate silmade ja vahepeal kohtume jälle ellujäänutega esimesest osast :))

DVD boonuste hulgas on paar "koomiks-multikat" mis peaksid veits selgust andma.
Iron Man transforms into cyberkinetic gun.

http://trash-can-dance.blogspot.com/
Kasutaja avatar
Trash
Ristiisa
Ristiisa

PostitusPostitas Spellbound » 01. November 2010, 22:09

Trash kirjutas:
Spellbound kirjutas:
Spoiler :
Huvitav, kas Fishburne`i poolt maha lastud tulnukas oli samuti osa mängust selles mõttes, et visati planeedile samamoodi nagu inimesed? Kui jah, siis teine osa võiks olla läbi nende tulnukate silmade ja vahepeal kohtume jälle ellujäänutega esimesest osast :))

DVD boonuste hulgas on paar "koomiks-multikat" mis peaksid veits selgust andma.

Tänud info eest. Uurin järele. Predatori universumit võiks täita millega iganes nagu film ise näitaski.
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
LEVEL 1
Kasutaja avatar
Spellbound
Ristiisa
Ristiisa

PostitusPostitas Hülss » 07. November 2010, 16:08

Please, no more. Let this be the end. If Robert Rodriguez doesn't get it, being a fan and all, then kill it and let it stay dead. Predators fails on a fundamental level. It does the bare minimum, while completely missing the point of the first two films. This reboot is neither exciting to watch nor is it funny. It's just a fucking bore, 107 minutes of nothing. And this is supposed to breed renewed interest for the franchise?

I get it, a reboot is a risk, so they kept the budget low and after the failures of the AVP films, you don't know how audiences are going to react. A low budget is not an excuse though, not in any genre. More visual effects, bigger setpiece moments ain't going to improve a film that doesn't seem to understand basic plot and character development. And man does it take itself seriously. I mean, did Robert Rodriquez watch some other films instead of the Predator films that we remember? I was amazed how boring this film was and with the title, the genre, the pedigree, that is quite a feat in and of itself.

This is the first credited full feature script for both Alex Litvak and Michael Finch. Now lets stop right there for a minute. Unless you spot a wizkid that you have the utmost confidence in, do not hand the task of writing a reboot to a cherished franchise to some inexperienced no-talent punks (I don't really know their age, I'm just being an asshole for the sake of argument). This reminds me of Beau Thorne and Max Payne, which failed on a whole other level compared to this. I'm not exactly shocked to see that guy doesn't have any projects in the works (according to IMDB) since that piece of shit came out.

I wasn't against the setting, not even there being Adrien Brody and a band of merry men, but when you have these characters with some pretty extreme backgrounds, their respective skillsets, morals and values, they could've as well been sitting behind the table drinking tea. The little conflicts they had were tame as shit and their personalities hardly came through, not to mention a use for their skills aside from shooting guns, which is a skill pretty much anyone can aqcuire. I've seen better drama in my home than between a pack of professional killers being hunted in a jungle. I would've expected that level of interaction from a group of college kids on a field trip.

The trailer was implying that Laurance Fishburne would hang around for more than just 12 fucking minutes. Actaully the most compelling character in this film was the Yakuza guy and he didn't say a fucking word for almost the entire film and when he finally opened his mouth, he actually had something meaningful to convey. Most of the dialogue in this film is feeding you shit that most people are able to figure out just by looking at the events that take place. Obviously some of that needs to be in there, but if the dialogue is all and nothing but that, sprinkled with some unfunny horseshit, then it almost makes a point about wanting to put you to sleep. I wasn't too happy with Brody repeating Arnie's lines from the first film either. This thing relies too heavily on the nostalgia factor, it makes no effort in trying to stand on its own feet.

The most out of place moment in this film is when the credits started rolling with "Long Tall Sally" playing in the background (the song used in the Choppa scene in Predator). The difference is that the original didn't take itself too seriously and in this remake it comes across as nothing more than a slap in the face. You assholes ain't playing my nostalgia chords, not when it's as clear as day. I own the collector's edition of the first two films and if you call yourself a Predator fan, then you won't be buying this on DVD/Blu-ray. When they play the low budget excuse, then you know these people aren't getting it.

“They really wanted it to be pretty contained, pretty scaled-back. They didn’t want to put too many of the ideas into it that we could save for a second one. So we could see what the appetite was, because the bigger movie would actually be what comes following that. That kind of sets up a new storyline, new location and world, and then you can really go crazy from there.”

Bigger is not better and you don't save shit for another movie unless you're in the businees of fucking the audience out of their money. No wonder fans go apeshit when someone starts messing with their favorite franchises, if this is the attitude from the get-go. Ridley Scott better not be a pussy with his Alien prequels or there will be hell to pay.

Ja veel vastused Steami foorumi kaaslastele...

Arnold wouldn't have saved this film with the script and the lack of directing it had. I have nothing against the actors in this film, cos most of them are a talented bunch, it's just that they didn't have much to work with. And considering the pedigree, it was the opposite of fun. The scene in Predator 2 where the Predator is treating his hand in the bathroom and the old lady is approaching the bathroom door with a broom, cos her husband wouldn't go check on it himself and then the Predator screamed, which scared the shit out of that old lady - that part was better than this entire film.

The first film also had a conflict inside the group, but there was a bond between the guys and it mattered when someone died. I had no emotional connection to any of the characters in Predators and if a movie is about survival and outsmarting a more skilled killer, then it completely failed in making that matter on the most basic level. Yes, they were a group of professional killers who met for the first time, but to not take advantage of the different personalites of different backgrounds and stir the pot so to speak, then it doesn't understand the most basic thing in making a film. If we don't give a shit about what is happening on the screen, then they're obviously missing the point. I couldn't care less who died in that film, which makes the film completely irrelevant due to its premise.

The originals didn't lie to me, they were pure fun with one-liners, silly macho bullshit and gore that felt real as opposed to the CGI shit that has little or no impact on my senses. Those films didn't take themselves seriously, it was straighforward 80s, 90s action that seems to be a lost art nowadays. It's commendable that Stallone has tried to invigorate that with Rambo and The Expendables, but not to the level it deserves. Sadly, John McTiernan who is responsible for two of the best Die Hard films and of course Predator, has been mixed up in some legal shit for quite some time now. Many of the directors who went through that school of action, the gritty, gory and the funny, have apparently left no meaningful impact on the directors of today who are too comfortable with bigger budgets, CGI and with little sense of what an action or sci-fi movie of this type should be like. Predators utterly misses the point of the franchise. It's different in tone, it lacks balls, a sense of humor and character. It's a plain and simple milk of an established brand.

Film ajas konkreetselt vihale, seega vabandan rohke vandumise pärast. :P
Kasutaja avatar
Hülss
Ristiisa
Ristiisa

PostitusPostitas MNC » 23. Jaanuar 2011, 21:20

Öhh, nujeh...seal oli 3 paha tulnukat ja kuna planeedil oli ka kolm kaaslast siis - Predators:3/10
"Little Ralf Sauter. How I loved listening to your sweet prayers every night. And then you'd jump in your bed, so afraid I was under there. And I was!"

http://realmnc3.blogspot.com/
Kasutaja avatar
MNC
Sõrmuste Isand
Sõrmuste Isand

PostitusPostitas Cochrane » 19. Veebruar 2011, 02:38

Põhiline probleem on see, et film on üllatustevaene, pakub vähe uut ning uuest, mida ta pakub, minnakse kiirustades üle.
5/10
Kasutaja avatar
Cochrane
Filmiveeb.ee admin
Filmiveeb.ee admin

PostitusPostitas damon » 22. Veebruar 2011, 16:19

Mulle meeldis. Põnevust ikka oli ja nagu eelnevalt räägitud tegelased olid korralikult välja mängitud. Eriti arst ja japs olid huvitavad tegelaskujud.
Ja Fishburne'i roll oli ikka täiega mõnus. Täielik skiso.

Järgedest rääkides meeldiks minulegi näha, kuidas Fishburne ellu jäi ja kuidas need erinevad hooajad möödusid.
Ja mitu inimest ta ise tappis ? ;-)

8/10
Kasutaja avatar
damon
Sõrmuste Isand
Sõrmuste Isand

Eelmine

Mine Filmid

• Statistika
  • Kes on foorumil

Kasutajad foorumit lugemas: Registreeritud kasutajaid pole ja 122 külalist